The Ernst & Young (EY) Entrepreneur of the Year 2015 award winners were revealed at a special gala on Thursday, June 18 at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner. This group of leading entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The EY Entrepreneur of the Year award is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs, with programs in 145 cities in 60 countries.
Accion Labs CEO Kinesh Doshi was conferred the award in the Technology & Software services category. “It was an exciting, yet very humbling experience”, said Kinesh on receiving the award. “When I was on the big stage, I felt like I am just a representative of the entire Accion team. I attribute my success and this achievement to the entire Accion family.”
- Technology & Software- Kinesh Doshi, Accion Labs, Inc.
- Community Impact- Meg Cheever, Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Consulting & Big Data- Greg Petro, First Insight, Inc
- Healthcare- Arnie Burchianti, Celtic Healthcare
- Industrial Services- Bob Tudi, Tudi Holdings, Inc
- Manufacturing- Joe Peilert, VEKA, Inc.
- Robotics- Parag Batavia, Neya Systems
- Social Ventures- Charlie Batch, Best of the Batch Foundation
- Master Entrepreneur- Dr. Giorgio Coraluppi, Compunetix