In the first wave of e-innovation, technology firms were being built in a very long “waterfall” type model where the founding team would begin by raising a large chunk of money and then proceed to a number of long sequential tasks such as hiring of a large R&D team, definition of product requirements, definition of the development and production architectures and then finally the engineering and deployment of the product. This process took long, was error prone and was hard to control. A number of product firms failed to deliver value to the investors because of these challenges.
Our founders envisioned a better way of building commercial products where the ‘innovators’ would partner with an engineering firm like Accion Labs to rapidly build the product without having to deal with the “logistics” of setting up facility/teams, hiring teams of software engineers through hundreds of interviews, trying out different product architectures, etc. In this new model, not only clients are able to deliver the products early and avoid making early stage fixed-cost commitments, product firms can leverage the diverse expertise of the partner such as Accion who has built hundreds of commercial software products.
12+ years, 50+ products and over 450+ product releases later, today Accion Labs offers a range of flexible outcome-oriented models to help product firms leverage Accion’s ability to ramp-up R&D teams, our knowledge of the engineering and the industry best-practices and our range of pre-fabricated solutions in the emerging technology space. We offer this through an Agile, highly-responsive white-box execution model to the product and IT organizations across the entire innovation spectrum.
Over the years, Accion evolved from a Web 2.0 focused firm to an entire suite of Emerging Technologies and expanded its engagement models from professional staffing to projects into extended delivery teams. Along the way, we envisioned a range of pricing models, partnership structures and reusable components/tools.
Below is a high-level timeline of Accion’s evolution:
– Accion was founded in Pittsburgh PA with focus on PDLC services
– Crossed 50 employee mark and becomes profitable
– Expands into cloud and big data services
– Crosses 100 employee mark
– Opens up Atlanta offices
– Establishes first oversees office in Bangalore, India
– Setup its Singapore operation through acquisition of Hutranz Singapore Pte Ltd
– Accion shortlisted as Top 20 Big Data service provider by CIO Review
– Expands Big Data capabilities through acquisition of Reach1to1
– Opens Malaysia office
– Opens Santa Clara office and Enhances its Mobility offering through acquisition of Hibiscus
– Opens London office
– Acquires stake in Service-berry and establishes ITSM capabilities
– Accion was awarded as Pittsburgh’s fastest growing tech services firm (#1 tech services, #3 overall)
– Opens Goa office through acquisition of Parinati Solutions
We welcome you to explore this site for more information on Accion, our capability, our services, engagement models and the implementation approach.
We feel we have the experience, the passion and the honest desire to partner with you and build a new generation software. Please feel free to reach Kinesh Doshi, our CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org to setup a meeting and see for yourself!